Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Philly.com Contribution: The Best Thing I Ever Ate in Philly: Healthy Food-Truck Finds



My recommendations at the Magic Carpet and Ka' Chi Food trucks in the city of Philadelphia (click here)

Kelly Strogen, MS, RD, LDN of Club La MaisonBest thing I ever ate: It’s a tie!Marinated tofu salad with tzatziki, hot sauce and whole wheat pita at Magic Carpet
I love this place because you can mix and match and get creative with your meals. My salad choice is a perfectly well-balanced meal (veggies, protein, whole grain) with a cool creaminess and kick all in one. Everything here is great for meat eaters and vegans alike.”
Chicken skewers at Ka’ Chi
“I love anything with Asian flavors, so the soy-ginger chicken is super tasty and pickled veggies add an interesting flavor explosion! I usually get a side of kimchi to add some spice to my life (fun fact: both the pickled veggies and kimchi are a good source of probiotics). This place has a lot of good, healthy options that are delicious. Depending on how hungry I am, I might also get a side of their soba noodles which offer whole grains.”

From: http://www.phillymag.com/be-well-philly/2015/07/01/healthy-food-truck-lunch/#wr345wl3k8k3Ktv2.99

No comments: