Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Exercise increases the diversity of gut bacteria

If you are my client, you know I feel that exercise is just as important to health as eating healthy. The benefits of exercise far surpass just the fact that you are burning calories. Exercise is extremely important for reducing stress, increasing self confidence and elevating your mood, improving sleep, and SO SO SO many more things. Thus I always require that my clients are as active as possible- ideally getting in something cardiovascular EVERY day. The average person does not need a day off if you are working different muscle groups and are using a variety of ways to get in your physical activity throughout the week.

Below is an article that references yet another study that demonstrates how exercise is more than just about the calories burned, in fact, it can improve your microflora/probiotics/gut bacteria which I have blogged about previously:

No comments: