Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Kelly's Kool & Kreamy Killer Smoothie

Last night I made the most delicious smoothie I just have to share! As many of you know I am a big fan of using cottage cheese in smoothies since they add a heavy dose of protein and make the smoothie more of a milkshake consistency, for far less calories. Here is what I did (approximations of measurements, since I tend to just throw stuff in):

Kelly's Kool & Kreamy Killer Smoothie
1/2 cup cottage cheese
4 orange sections/slices
1/2 cup Almond Breeze Almond Coconut Milk
Dash of cinnamon
4 ice cubes

(Nutrition- Makes ~ 12 oz: 160 calories, 3 g fat (if using 1% cottage cheese), 20 g carb (5 g fiber, 14 g sugar), 15.5 g protein, 522 mg sodium (try using a low-sodium cottage cheese instead), 64% DV Vit C, ~50% DV Vit D, 40% DV Vit E, 34% DV Calcium

Additions I made to increase the calories, nutritional value, and flavor: ~ 1 tbsp Trader Joe's Mango butter, 2 tsp Chia Seeds, 1/4 banana
*Nutrition info increases to: 275 cal, 6 g fat, 34 g carb (9 g fiber, 27 g sugar), 17 g protein

I blended all together and it made for a delicious and creamy shake. Definitely a much healthier substitution for ice cream, a milkshake, or another dessert in general. Enjoy and let me know what you think!

1 comment:

Blogger said...

3 Studies REVEAL Why Coconut Oil Kills Fat.

This means that you literally get rid of fat by eating Coconut Fat (also coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

These 3 researches from major medicinal magazines are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world around!