10 egg whites
2 whole eggs
Salt, pepper, and other spices to taste (I use cilantro and turmeric)
1 zucchini, sliced into ½” slices
¼ c crumbled feta cheese
1 can diced tomatoes, drained
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1 medium onion, chopped
5 large leaves of kale, collards, Swiss Chard (or sub spinach), chopped
½ c shredded 2% mozzarella cheese
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Whisk together egg whites and eggs in a large bowl with spices.
3. Spray 8” round or square baking pan (pie pan, spring form, etc.) with oil spray, paying attention to spraying sides of pan thoroughly.
4. Lay bottom of pan with zucchini slices.
5. Pour egg mixture into pan.
6. Evenly lay feta, tomatoes, mushrooms, onion and greens on egg mixture in pan (some will fall to the bottom).
7. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top of egg and vegetable mixture.
8. Bake for 30-40 minutes until eggs are cooked through.
9. If desired, broil on high for about 5 minutes until cheese is brown and bubbly on top.
I serve this with avocado toast (on whole wheat bread) which makes this meal even more well-balanced and satisfying!
NUTRITION INFO PER SERVING: Serving size= ¼ frittata (analysis using DietMaster Pro)
175 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated, 1 g MUFA, 1 g MUFA), 101 mg cholesterol, 10 g carbohydrate (1 g fiber), 19 g protein